In order to timely recognize the symptoms and successfully treat parasites in the human body, patients need to consult a doctor at the first signs of illness.
Currently, there are about 300 types of microorganisms that can successfully exist in the internal organs of humans.
The main route of parasite infestation is through dirty hands, objects and food.
Invasive diseases are treated with medications and traditional medicine, in severe cases, surgery may be required.
The main groups of parasites in the human body
Having penetrated into the internal environment, parasites in the human body feed on nutrients or organ tissues supplied with food.
In the future, the lack of micro- and macroelements, minerals and vitamins causes various disorders in the work of all systems and organs in patients.
Main routes of infection:
- oral-fecal- parasites enter the human body after eating contaminated food and water;
- contact-household- larvae and eggs of worms penetrate into a person due to unwashed hands after contact with infected objects or animals;
- through the skin- the larvae of parasites penetrate the skin or through the bites of insect vectors.
There are several types of worms:
The roundworm group is the most extensive and widespread. It includes roundworms, pinworms, whipworms, toxocaras, and worms.
Parasites enter the human body through dirty hands or mouth after eating contaminated foods: fruits, vegetables, not heat-treated meat. Roundworms settle in the gastrointestinal tract of patients.
Tape parasites include bovine and pork tapeworm, broad tapeworm and echinococcus. The worms of this group are large. For example, a tapeworm can reach a length of 25 m.
Being in the human body, tapeworms can feed on any tissue and fluids. The sources of these parasites are improperly cooked meat and fish.
The next type is subcutaneous worms. They are most common in exotic countries: the African continent, India, Iraq, and so on.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body - formations moving under the skin, causing severe pain.
Infection of patients with infection occurs through the bites of flies, mosquitoes or bedbugs, that is, blood-sucking insects.
Flukes (trematodes) - hepatic fluke (fluke or fasciola), schistosoma, fascilopsis.
Parasites live in the human liver, pancreas, biliary tract and intestines.
Patients are infected with unboiled water, milk, unpasteurized cheeses, inadequately processed meat and fish.
Tissue parasites in humans include trypanosomes, Finns, sarcosporidia and microsporidia. Helminths of this group settle in the human lungs, in the spinal cord and brain, and in muscle tissue.
The parasites are carried by wild and domestic animals: horses, pigs, chickens, etc. Tissue worms are transmitted to humans through poorly cooked meat.
Symptoms of parasitic pathologies
Symptoms and treatments for parasites in the human body are varied, depending on the type of worms.
Parasites have perfectly adapted to being inside human organs, turning them into their home.
People may absolutely not notice the presence of worms, but parasitic infestations intensify the manifestation of chronic pathologies in adults and children. Often these very signs indicate the penetration of parasites into the human body.
Worms and other parasitic organisms (protozoa or insects) feed on and reproduce in the human body.
They infect the eyes, skin, hair and internal organs of patients. And only constant fatigue, drowsiness or obesity indicate that the patient is a carrier of parasites.
A sick person has the following symptoms of parasite infection:
- anemia not responding to treatment;
- unreasonable hunger;
- a sharp change in body weight in one direction or another;
- headache of unspecified etiology;
- constipation followed by diarrhea;
- signs of an irritable bowel;
- feeling of heaviness in the liver area;
- joint and muscle pain;
- skin manifestations (rash, neurodermatitis, and so on);
- decreased immunity;
- depression and neurosis;
During the examination of the patient, the doctor visually examines his skin.
Signs of the presence of parasites in the human body are rashes, acne, pallor, perspiration, early wrinkles, cracks, peeling and excessive brittle nails. Often these symptoms indicate that parasites are present in the patient's GI tract.
If a child is infected with pinworms, then the signs of parasites in the body are the following - unbearable itching in the anal area.
The patient has a lack of growth, underdeveloped auricles, shortened fingers and falling hair, since parasites in children absorb all substances important for development.
Due to the presence of worms in the human stomach and other digestive organs, the mucous membrane becomes inflamed, and an abundant white coating forms on the tongue. Such patients must follow the dietary table.
At the end of the examination, the doctor analyzes the general condition of the patient's entire body in order to identify the manifestation of pathogenic factors.
For example, parasites in the body of women manifest their presence in the following way: patients experience general malaise, aching lower back pain, menstrual irregularities and suffer from inflammation of the bladder and kidneys. Men can develop prostatitis and impotence.
Parasites settle in the lungs, intestines, muscles and other internal organs of a person. In children, symptoms of the disease appear in much the same way as in adult patients.
In order to treat parasites in a person as effectively as possible, the doctor must collect a complete medical history, including a description of the symptoms and collection of tests. During treatment, the patient is assigned a special diet.
Patients are referred to several tests before they are prescribed anthelmintic tablets:
- analysis of feces for worm eggs;
- histological coprogram;
- serological blood test;
Several pharmaceuticals are used to kill worms in the treatment of parasites in children and adults.
Each anthelmintic medication is aimed at destroying a certain type of worms in the human body.
Special antiparasitic agents are prescribed to patients only in situations where the intended benefit outweighs the potential harm of the treatment.
Patients should not choose antihelminthic drugs and self-medicate without consulting a doctor, as drugs in this group are very toxic to humans. In addition, when treating parasites, patients are prescribed a diet.
Traditional methods of fighting parasites
Some folk remedies have an anthelmintic effect, therefore, the destruction of parasites at home is carried out by resorting to their help.
But before starting treatment, patients should consult a doctor, as a diet containing infusions of certain plants can be dangerous in some chronic pathologies of the human body.
Among the common means for getting rid of parasites in the body of patients, the following are the most effective:
- garlic tincturefrom pinworms in the human body for the preparation of an enema - to prepare it, you need to knead 10 cloves of garlic, pour a glass of boiled water and leave for several hours;
- pumpkin seedsis a simple method to kill tapeworms in the intestines of patients. For treatment on an empty stomach, eat 2 tablespoons of peeled seeds;
- onion infusion- it is used against ascaris and pinworms in the human body. Half a can of finely chopped onion should be poured with a forty percent aqueous solution of ethyl alcohol and insisted for a week in a dark place. Then filter and take 1 tbsp. spoon half an hour before meals. Only adult patients and non-alcoholic patients can be treated with infusion;
- walnut decoction- this remedy is used for roundworms in the human body. Unripe fruits are crushed, poured with boiling water and infused overnight. Then they drink in portions per day.
Following the recommendations of traditional medicine, you can remove worms from the human body with the help of burning spicy foods.
But they should be used in moderation against parasites in patients, as they have an irritating effect on mucous membranes.
Pepper, ginger, mustard, garlic, onion, horseradish and cloves have a pronounced burning characteristic taste, which is not acceptable for helminths in the human intestine. Of the medicinal herbs against worms, wormwood is more often used.
Pharmacies offer many medicines to kill parasites in the human body, but many of them have side effects and affect health conditions.
Not all medicines for the elimination of helminths in the human body are allowed for pregnant women and children.
Preventive measures to prevent infestation by parasites
Precautions are the most effective way to protect against parasites in the human body. From childhood, all people are taught to wash their hands after working in a flower bed, toilet or walking along the street, since the soil and dust contain eggs of worms.
Before traveling to exotic in equatorial latitudes, people should get all the necessary vaccinations so as not to get sick with helminths.
Following simple preventive rules, anyone is able to successfully protect themselves from possible infection with parasites.
Personal hygiene rules:
- regular thorough washing of hands and the space under the nails - this must be done after working in sand, soil, after using the toilet, communicating with animals and before eating;
- nails should preferably be cut short, as eggs of parasites can accumulate under the nails;
- vegetables, berries, fruits and other fruits and herbs should be washed for a long time under running water from the tap. This ensures that all the eggs of the worms are washed off their surface;
- meat and fish should be fully heat treated. Meat with blood can be dangerous to human health, as it may contain eggs and larvae of parasites;
- you must not drink unboiled water from wells and springs, as it may contain parasites;
- water and milk should only be drunk boiled to kill worms;
- pasteurized lactic acid products should be consumed. Raw cheeses can contain eggs and parasite larvae.
Experts recommend that you regularly be screened for the presence of parasites in the human body.
Do not take any antihelminthic agents as a prophylactic parasite in internal organs, as they have a toxic effect.
Self-medication of parasites in the human body in any form can pose a health hazard. If there are pets in the family, then they should be regularly dewormed.
Prevention of parasites in the human body can help avoid many dangerous worms.
Compliance with basic rules of personal hygiene can protect all family members, since helminthiasis in the human body is one of the most unpleasant parasitic diseases that disrupt the functioning of all systems and internal organs.