Despite the fact that at the moment people have access to many hygiene products, as well as ways to process food, no one is immune from infection with worms. These parasites can appear in the human body regardless of gender and age. In addition to the fact that the awareness of the presence of parasites in your body is already unpleasant in itself, this phenomenon can also be accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms and diseases.
Unlike many other diseases, it is impossible to completely protect oneself from infection with worms by means of vaccinations or special preparations. However, there are a number of effective folk remedies that will not only help you heal from the disease, but also prevent its occurrence in the future. These recipes have been formed thanks to many years of experience, and their effectiveness has been proven over time. There are special recipes for both very young children and older people.
What are the worms?
In order to choose the right method for treating worms, first you need to figure out their species, which is possible only in laboratory conditions. So, if localization is taken as a criterion, then intestinal worms can be distinguished, as well as extraintestinal parasites that can live and multiply in blood vessels, bile ducts, and even in brain and lung tissues. It is also worth distinguishing between biological species. So, worms can refer to round, tapeworms or flukes.
Worms may differ depending on the stage of the life cycle, they are divided into biohelminths, geohelminths and contagious species.
- So, geohelminths are in the form of eggs and are in the soil. Without passing this stage, worms cannot enter the human body.
- Biohelminths appear after they change several intermediate hosts. So, before infecting a person, they can visit the body of animals.
- Contagious helminths are released into the external environment from the human body.
Symptoms of worm infestation
The time for the first symptoms of infection with worms can vary from several days to several months, depending on the type of parasite. The most common manifestation of the acute stage of helmentosis can be considered allergic reactions. They appear in the form of rashes, which are accompanied by itching. Their area is constantly increasing. In addition, there is swelling of the lymph nodes, as well as tissue edema and pain in muscles and joints. Particularly difficult cases can be accompanied by severe cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, stool disorders, nausea, enlarged spleen, and even changes in blood composition.
Helminthiasis can eventually turn into a chronic stage. Symptoms can vary depending on which organ is affected by the worms. Most often, this problem affects the intestines. If the number of individuals of parasites is insignificant, then the disease may not have any symptoms at all. Problems arise only in the case of a large population or significant size of the parasites. The main effect of helminths is precisely on the digestive system, making it difficult for the processes of absorption of nutrients, as well as the excretion of waste products of the body. As a result, immunity decreases and the work of all body systems is disrupted. When it comes to children, the symptoms of helmentosis can also spread to the nervous system.
Milk and garlic for worms
This recipe is perhaps best for children. Usually 3-4 days of treatment are enough for the worms to disappear. During this time, it is recommended to give the child a glass of milk every day, in which there are three crushed garlic cloves. It is garlic that plays the main role here, and milk only helps to eliminate unpleasant bitterness. Before going to bed, be sure to do garlic enemas.
There are several recipes for making an enema solution.
- The easiest way is to chop the garlic (1 clove), put it in a glass of water or milk and boil for 5 minutes. Then the liquid must be filtered.
- Another option is to boil the head of garlic in a glass of milk until soft. After the milk has cooled, strain it and give an enema. For adults, you can use the entire volume, and half a glass (from 70 to 100 ml) is enough for children. It is important that after the enema is administered, it must be held for as long as possible. Enema will help get rid of pinworms.
- To enhance the effect of the enema, you can take some more garlic-based products at the same time. So, it is useful to drink a small amount of milk with the addition of 15 drops of garlic juice three times a day on an empty stomach.
- It is also helpful to eat 10 cloves of garlic at a time, washed down with baked milk. You need to give the garlic a couple of hours so that it works on the gastrointestinal tract, after which they take a laxative. This is one of the most effective ways to cure worms, which was used by ancient healers.
Garlic is a miracle cure that is used to treat almost all diseases. In the matter of worms, it is perhaps difficult to find a more effective remedy. And garlic will be especially effective if taken in the form of a tincture. To prepare it, you will need 5 garlic cloves and a glass of milk.
First, pass the garlic through a press or grate to make a gruel. Pour the resulting mixture with milk and boil for about 15 minutes. After you remove the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid and let the broth brew for a couple of hours. The resulting product can be used both in the form of a drink and in the form of an enema.
The course of taking garlic tincture is a week. At the same time, every day you need to drink 4 glasses (you can prepare the tincture at once for the whole day, proportionally increasing the amount of ingredients). If you decide to be treated with enemas, then you will also need one glass of tincture (half the norm will be enough for a child). It is better to carry out the procedure before going to bed for a week.
Treatment of worms with pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a fairly effective remedy against helmentosis, and the treatment brings much less discomfort than garlic treatments. So, seeds work well in combination with castor oil. For three days, you need to eat 25 unpeeled pumpkin seeds in 4 doses. Try to chew them as thoroughly as possible. After an hour, you need to drink a teaspoon of castor oil. The course of treatment is three days.
For the next recipe, you need to grind in a coffee grinder or grind in a mortar 300 grams of pre-peeled pumpkin seeds. Dilute the resulting powder with water to such an extent that the mass resembles sour cream in density. At the end of cooking, add a tablespoon of honey. Please note that for a teenager, the amount of the drug is halved, and for the treatment of a small child, a sixth of the adult norm is enough. In the morning on an empty stomach, you need to eat the resulting mass. In order for the effect of the medicine on the body to be consistent, try to extend this process for an hour, slowly chewing each portion (this will not be difficult, since the mass of seeds with honey will taste quite pleasant). After three hours, you need to drink a laxative or do an enema. This method allows you to solve the problem of worms in exactly one day.
Enemas from worms
Since in most cases, worms parasitize precisely in the intestines, it is quite appropriate to apply local methods of treatment, such as enemas. Usually, enemas are given at night. And even if you take certain medications orally, you can hardly do without this procedure.
Garlic enema is considered the most effective. Chop 5 garlic cloves well, pour half a glass of water over them and boil the resulting mass. When the broth cools down, strain it and start the procedure. Remember that the solution for such an enema should not be completely cold. Better to match your body temperature.
In the fight against worms, tansy shows high efficiency. So, for a glass of boiling water, you will need 20 grams of dry herb. After half an hour, the infusion will be completely ready and it will only be necessary to strain it. As in the previous case, the product should be slightly warm. Attention! It should be remembered that procedures with tansy should not be carried out by pregnant and lactating women!
Since parasites cannot tolerate an alkaline environment, it is quite possible to use baking soda for enemas. In a glass of water, dilute half a teaspoon of baking soda and slightly heat the resulting solution on the stove to 38-42 ºC. For children, this amount will be quite enough. And when it comes to treating adults, it is better to prepare two glasses of solution for one procedure.
Medicinal herbs are the fundamental foundation of traditional medicine, and therefore one cannot do without them in the treatment of worms. In addition to the fact that medicinal plants are highly effective, the procedures with them are quite gentle, and the treatment does not bring strong discomfort.
- Quite often, bitter wormwood is used in the treatment of worms. To prepare the infusion, you need to pour a glass of boiling water over a tablespoon with a slide of dry grass. The signal that the medicine is ready will be the grass settling to the bottom, and the liquid itself will turn brown. The broth should be filtered. Shortly before meals (three times a day), drink half a glass of this medicine.
- The infusion of tansy is prepared in a similar way, but the preparation time is increased to 4 hours. In addition, given that tansy is a poisonous plant, you can drink no more than a tablespoon of medicine at a time. There should be 4 such receptions throughout the day. You can also do enemas with tansy, the recipe for which we gave above.
- If you are not sure if you can properly prepare an infusion or decoction, try making a dry mixture. So, grind flax seeds, cloves and dried wormwood in equal proportions in a coffee grinder. After each meal, you need to take half a teaspoon of the resulting powder.
- The most gentle method of getting rid of worms is the daily morning intake of fresh carrot juice, 200 ml. (preferably on an empty stomach). A decoction of dried pomegranate peel, as well as chamomile tea, helps well.
Pumpkin seed oil
Pumpkin seed oil is used to remove large parasites from the body. It effectively fights even tape and round worms. The course of treatment lasts three days, during which three times a day (naturally, on an empty stomach), they drink a teaspoon of the medicine. It is allowed to eat only after half an hour. It is also recommended to put oil enemas at night in a volume of up to 50 ml.
In order not to conjure over herbs on your own, you can purchase ready-made preparations and herbal teas at the pharmacy, which are specially designed to remove parasites from the body. So, monastery tea is quite popular. In addition, almost every pharmaceutical company has its own antiparasitic collection. Their composition is approximately the same, but the proportions of certain medicinal plants may differ significantly.
Is it possible to get infected with worms from animals
Of course, there is a huge risk of infection with worms through contact with cats and dogs, since they are the main carriers of these parasites. However, you will not get sick if you follow basic hygiene practices. It is enough every time, after you have stroked the animal, or touched some objects (dishes, toilet, pet toys), wash your hands thoroughly.
If you touched your lips with dirty fingers or ate something, then, most likely, infection cannot be avoided. In addition, keep some distance from animals. Even if you love your pet very much, it is better not to kiss him, since it is in the saliva and hair of animals that parasite larvae are contained. Precautions must be taken even if your pet does not go outside.
How do worms come out?
Worms can come out not only through the anus, but also together with vomit. Moreover, they will not necessarily be dead.
Helmentosis is quite treatable. Moreover, if you do not trust pharmaceutical drugs, then you have a huge selection of proven and effective folk remedies. Be patient and heal consistently. Once you get rid of the parasites, your well-being will dramatically improve.