Parasites are creatures that survive at the expense of other organisms, for example, animals, people, plants. There are more than two dozen types of intestinal parasites that can settle in the human body and cause many negative symptoms. Especially often parasitic creatures settle in children, since the child's body is not fully formed and is vulnerable to external influences.
Worm infestation is a dangerous disease caused by parasitic creatures - worms. The body has to share with them nutrients, useful elements and vitamins. Pinworms and roundworms that have settled in the body feed on the host's food from the intestines, absorbing all substances important for life.
The most common oral-fecal route of infection is through the mouth. In this case, there are two ways to get into it:
- Geooral - they enter the esophagus through hands, household items, food, as well as through feathers, hair of pets, contaminated with soil particles, in which invasive eggs and cysts of protozoans are present. In this way, you can become infected with ascariasis, giardiasis, enterobiasis, cysticercosis, toxocariasis, echinococcosis;
- Xenotrophic - appear in the human body when eating fish and animal meat that has not undergone proper heat treatment, if this meat contains larvae. Thus, you can become infected with trichinosis, toxoplasmosis and other invasions.
There are other ways of infection:
- Contact method: it can be passive (transmitted through the genital tract) and active (a person becomes infected through the skin when bathing in reservoirs with fresh water);
- The airborne method of infection of the body is considered less common, however, in this way, pneumocysts that live in the air can enter the body;
- The transmissible route of transmission (through the blood) is characteristic of infection with filariasis. The larvae are carried by blood-sucking insects. As a rule, this disease occurs in hot countries located closer to the equator;
- Transplacental pathway - from the mother into the body of the child in the womb. In this way, you can become infected with toxoplasmosis.
In the process of evolution, parasites have developed properties that expand their ability to settle in the human body. This refers to the fertility of the parasites. For example, hookworm in just one day can produce up to 25 thousand eggs, roundworm - up to 200 thousand eggs, and tapeworm produces more than 4 million eggs per day.
Therefore, in the air that surrounds us, in household items, eaten products, on pets, eggs, larvae and cysts are often present in the water, even if hygiene is observed. Often a person becomes infected with parasites due to incorrect adherence to the technology of cooking meat or fish dishes. For example, in order to overcome the larvae of opisthorchiasis in carp fish, a salt solution of at least 20% is used during salting, and the duration of salting should be at least 2 weeks. It is unlikely that anyone will want to eat fish after such processing.
It turns out that only a person with excellent immunity and high body resistance can not worry about being infected with parasites, and such people are extremely rare.
Symptoms of the settlement of parasites in the body
A number of characteristic symptoms will tell you that the parasites are in the body. There are quite a few signs and it is difficult to differentiate them from the symptoms of other diseases. The list of symptoms is as follows:
- Constipation. If the parasites in the intestines grow to a large size, they block the intestinal passage. Abundant invasion can also close the bile ducts, which will cause stool retention;
- Diarrhea. Some parasites, in particular protozoa, in the course of their life in the host's body, produce substances that thin the feces in the intestines, which leads to diarrhea. Therefore, diarrhea may indicate the presence of parasites, and not only poisoning with low-quality products;
- Bloating and gas. When parasites are in the small intestine, this area becomes inflamed and gas production increases;
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Parasites irritate the intestinal mucosa, causing inflammation, which is accompanied by a characteristic series of symptoms and a decrease in the absorption of food, especially fats from food. Fatty acids, instead of being absorbed in the small intestine, are sent to the large section, where they cause spasms, diarrhea and constipation;
- Painful sensations in muscles and joints. Parasites are able to move through the human body to settle in the most attractive places for them: in the muscles and joint fluid. When this happens, the person feels pain and perceives it as a symptom of arthritis. In addition, inflammatory and painful symptoms in the joints can be the result of tissue injuries caused by worms or the reaction of the immune system to parasites;
- Allergic manifestations - toxic waste products of worms are able to activate the body's immune response in the form of the synthesis of an increased number of eosinophils - protective cells and immunoglobulin E;
- Skin problems - due to parasites, a rash on the skin, eczema, acne, papillomas, age spots, itching, dermatitis and other unpleasant reactions can begin;
- Anemia. Certain types of parasites actively suck out useful nutrients from the human intestine. If there are many such parasites, then they can cause serious blood loss, which causes a decrease in the level of iron in the blood, and anemia develops. This symptom is characteristic of the defeat of Trichomonas and other protozoa;
- Change in body weight. Both weight loss and weight gain may indicate the presence of worms. The mass decreases due to the fact that an internal consumer appears, and many nutrients in the body are not absorbed. Weight may increase due to the "robbery" of the body. A person's feeling of hunger increases, he begins to eat more often and more. To normalize weight, you must first get rid of parasites in the body;
- Irritability, nervousness, anxiety. Toxic elements secreted by parasites irritate the central nervous system. Feelings of anxiety, depression, sleep disturbances are often the result of this poisoning. As a result of the action of means of getting rid of worms, these symptoms disappear;
- Bruxism is the grinding of teeth when a person is sleeping. This symptom is observed in a child and an adult;
- Weakening of the body's immune system, frequent colds and viral diseases;
- Respiratory inflammation, cough, high fever, runny nose.
Folk remedies for parasites in the human body
People resort to using various antiparasitic drugs - tablets that are sold in pharmacies. However, many of them are toxic to the body, and if taken uncontrollably or if the doses are not followed, they can cause serious intoxication. Therefore, treatment with folk remedies does not lose its relevance.
How to properly fight parasites with traditional medicine? Treatment with folk remedies provides not only cleansing the body of settled parasites, but also facilitates the restoration of the well-coordinated work of all systems and organs. After removing parasites, it is important to maintain liver function, because it is the main filter from bacteria and toxic substances.
Flax against parasites
To properly treat worm parasites, traditional medicine recommends taking flax seeds. They can be consumed in pure form or as a decoction. It is necessary to grind the raw materials in a coffee grinder, and add the resulting powder to food, ready-made meals or to dough for homemade bread. Such a product will be an excellent prophylactic agent for every family member. You can also eat whole seeds with purified water - two tablespoons each morning and evening.
Attention!Flax oil also has antiparasitic properties, but it is less effective than seeds.
Cleansing herbal collection
It is recommended to cleanse the intestinal system, liver and other organs from parasites with the help of natural medicinal herbs. The collection includes the following plants: buckthorn bark, oak bark, wormwood, tansy, motherwort. All these products are mixed in equal proportions. To prepare the broth, use a tablespoon of the mixture and half a liter of boiling water. The tool must be insisted in a closed container for about 10 hours - it is better to do this at night, and in the morning you can drink. Recommended dosage: 100 ml every day on an empty stomach for 14 days. Herbal tea helps to expel parasites, strengthen the body, and improve the condition of the liver.
Fighting at home will be effective with pumpkin seeds. They are known for their anthelmintic properties due to the presence in their composition of cucurbitin, a component toxic to parasites. There are several recipes using pumpkin seeds. The most effective is the composition of seeds and honey.
To obtain the medicine, 300 grams of seeds are used, crushed to the consistency of a powder, honey is added to it - 2 large spoons. Some recipes also add garlic. The product must be mixed well and consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. Then you need to wait three hours and take an enema or take a laxative so that the intestinal parasites leave the body.
Sbiten is a healing drink that helps remove worms from the body. It is suitable for both adults and children. It also strengthens the immune system and cleanses the body. For cooking, you need to take 200 ml of high-quality honey, dilute it in 1 liter of water. Boil the mixture, add a teaspoon each of ginger root, cinnamon, cardamom, grated bay leaf. All this is infused for half an hour. Then the product must be filtered and drunk warm.
Soda helps to quickly and effectively fight infestations. If they have settled in a child's body, it is recommended to do enemas with a solution of soda - 1 small spoon dissolves in a liter of water. Before such an enema, it is necessary to empty the intestines using natural bowel movements or a regular water enema. Soda water must be kept in the intestines for up to 30 minutes. These procedures are repeated every other day for a week.
Aloe juice treatment
The product based on aloe juice has a double effect - it helps to heal a person and strengthen the body. The course of treatment is quite long - at least three months. To prepare the mixture, use 10 ml of olive oil or castor oil, the same amount of juice from aloe leaves, a tablespoon of lemon juice. During the first month, you need to take the remedy in the morning and in the evening - twice a day. And to maintain the effect for the next two months, the agent is taken only in the morning.
Garlic and kefir
The effectiveness of garlic has been proven for a long time. It's pretty easy to use. You need to eat ten small cloves of garlic on an empty stomach in the morning, and then drink them with kefir or other fermented milk drink. The main thing is that this liquid is slippery so that a person can easily swallow the cloves of garlic.
Important!When cleansing the body with garlic, it must be swallowed whole. You cannot chew, otherwise the plant will be digested in the stomach and will not bring the expected result. If the clove is intact, then it will begin to be processed only in the intestines, where the worms live.
Pomegranate peel therapy has an excellent effect, but in this case it is important to take into account the correct dosage, since this antiparasitic agent in large quantities can lead to intoxication. Take 10 grams of dried bark and fill it with a glass of boiling water. The product is kept in a water bath for about 10 minutes. Then it is cooled and filtered. Take one teaspoon three times a day before eating. This tool helps not only remove unpleasant guests, but also cleanse the liver. It should be remembered that this remedy is not suitable for children.
In order for parasites to bypass your body, you need to adhere to generally accepted preventive measures:
- Monitor your personal hygiene at all times. Eggs and larvae of parasites do not remain on the surface of the skin after washing it with warm water and soap. Hands should be washed every time after visiting public places, transport, going to the store and on the street, as well as after using the toilet and always before eating. Don't forget to change your bed and underwear. These things must be washed in hot water and must be ironed - after this procedure, the eggs of the parasites do not survive;
- Pay due attention to the processing of products. This applies not only to meat and fish. The larvae can be found on any vegetables, fruits, herbs. Therefore, they must be thoroughly washed and doused with boiling water;
- Don't drink tap water. There are a large number of larvae in tap water. This liquid should be drunk only after boiling;
- Refrain from swimming in untested freshwater bodies. Many of them are inhabited by parasites that can penetrate the human skin. Sometimes for infection it is enough just to wet your feet or wash your hands in such water;
- Include in the diet foods that fight worms: garlic, hot peppers, raw carrots, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Take to control any insects that enter the house. Often it is they who carry the larvae of harmful parasites. For example, flies, Prusaks, mosquitoes, wood lice carry eggs on their bodies;
- If there are pets in the house, for example, dogs and cats, then you need to monitor their hygiene and regularly disinfect the animal's toilet.
If it happens that the parasites have entered the body, then you need to immediately begin to fight them. You should not use only folk methods for this. With such a problem, it is necessary to consult a doctor so that he can prescribe an effective complex treatment.